Monday, August 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Sweet D'arcy!

She woke up and came into my room asking for breakfast as always, and I sang happy birthday to her. She listened intently with her head slightly tilted, and after I was done she said, "Thank you, mommy," very quietly. That was my favorite moment of the day.
Daddy whisked her away to Toys'R'Us to pick up a very generous gift from our good friend Bruce; a bike complete with helmet, elbow and knee pads, water bottle, and streamers. She was a little pooped from the trip, and fell asleep on the way home. We put her on the couch where she slept till early afternoon. Around two I snuggled up beside her to ask if she wanted to wake up. She said, "No, I'm not feeling well." Which is something she has recently learned to say to get out of doing things that aren't pleasant. "Not even to open presents?" I ask. At that, she pops up and runs to get Daddy so we can open presents from family in Indiana.
Later, after we were driving home from a very hot party at the park including cake and presents, she decided that she had had a very happy birthday. She is trying to convince me that she needs another birthday next week.



No comments: