Friday, May 21, 2010

Multicultural Night

D'arcy had a multicultural night at school. Each grade had several group dances that represented different countries. D'arcy represented the good ole' U.S. of A. with a dance set to "We'll always be together" from Grease. D'arcy was a little disappointed that we didn't stay longer to watch other grades dance, but I felt like I had done all I could to be a "good" mom. I dressed her up and added makeup, I bought us tickets that allowed the kids to get pizza and icies, and I even brought my camera to document the event. Did I mention that it was 95 degrees outside and Julian was determined to convince me that the playground really wasn't closed even though it clearly stated "Playground closed" on a well placed sign? Sigh.


1 comment:

dianne said...

What fun???? Of course the sign was not readable to the age group that most needed to read it and comply. You are doing well --hang in there the calvary--ie Connie and Gabe will be there soon