Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kids say the darndest things...

It feels like 9 out of 10 "Kids say the darndest things..." post should really be titled "Julian says the darndest things..."

Yesterday, Julian stubbed his toe. He was crying and I said, "Are you ok? Do you need a hug?" He came over for a hug and then informed me that "Are you ok?" was really a silly question because when it hurts you can't answer if you are ok or not. He told me that he can only say he is ok when it stops hurting. Good point. I told him the next time he was hurt I would give him a hug and then tell him to tell me when it stopped hurting. I started going down the stairs. He turned around, began taking his clean clothes out of the basket to put them away and the basket came up and banged him right in the face. Julian let out a wail. Stephen chuckled from the bathroom because neither of us realized how soon we would be able to put our new policy into practice.

Later, we sat down to dinner.
Me: "How was your day at work?" (Talking to Stephen)
Julian: "Did they make you a vice president?"

1 comment:

Kristin said...

LOL @ the vice president thing!! So cute!